Email Configuration in SSRS with SMTP in Windows Server 2008R2
In this article, I will show you how to configure Email Delivery in Sql Server Report Services with SMTP Virtual Server in Windows Server 2008R2.
1. First of all Open Server Manager and Install feature of SMTP Server as shown in below screen shot.
2. Now go to Start –> Administrative Tools –> Internet Information Services (IIS) 6.0 Manager.
3. An IIS Manager Window opens. In that right click on SMTP Virtual Server and Select Properties as shown in below screen shot.
4. A SMTP Virtual Server #1 Properties window opens. In that select IP Address as shown in below screen shot.
5. Now select Access Tab. In that tab click on Relay Button as shown in below screen shot.
7. Now go to Delivery Tab and then click on Outbound Security. A Outbound Security window opens. In that select Basic authentication and enter your email address and password. Be sure that your email address have permissions to send an email. Also select TLS encryption. Then click on OK button.
9. Now click on Advanced button and enter your DNS Name and Smart Host(Your SMTP Server name’s IP or Name). Then click on OK button.
Then click on Apply Button.
10. Now we completed with the setup of SMTP Virtual Server. Now make sure that Your SMTP Virtual Server is Running.
11. Now open Reporting Services Configuration Manager and Select E-mail Settings. Then Enter Sender’s Address and Enter IP of SMTP Server (which we assigned in step 4) . Then click on Apply button.
Congratulation! We completed Email Configuration in SSRS with SMTP in Windows Server 2008R2.
In my next article, We will test Email Delivery with Subscription.