Report Subscription(Windows File Share Delivery) in SSRS
A subscription is a standing request to deliver a report at a specific time or in response to an event, and in an application file format that you specify in the subscription. Subscriptions provide an alternative to running a report on demand. On-demand reporting requires that you actively select the report each time you want to view the report. In contrast, subscriptions can be used to schedule and then automate the delivery of a report.
In this article, I will show you how to use Report Subscription(Windows File Share Delivery) in SSRS.
1. First of all open Internet Explorer and go to Report Manager URL which is something like below:
Your internet explorer tab looks like below :
2. Click on your SSRS project. In my case it is Start SSRS. So now it will show you list of reports which are deployed on your report server.
3. Now click on down arrow on the report which you want to subscribe and select Manage as shown in below screen shot.
4. Then select Subscriptions from left pane and Click on New Subscription as shown in below screen shot.
5. In next screen, select Windows File Share in list of Delivered By.
6. Then specify Network Path on which you want to save your report. In my case it is \\BHUSHAN-PC\Bhushan Reports.
Also specify render format in which you want your report and give credentials to access that specific folder. Here we select PDF.
7. Then click on Select Schedule to give specific time to deliver your report. In below screen you will see that options. After that click on OK.
8. You can also specify parameter’s value if any parameter is used in your report.
Now click on OK button. So we have done with Our Subscription.
9. You will see the history of your subscriptions under the tab of Subscriptions.
10. After your subscription is executed, you will find that report in Network Path which you specify at the time of Subscription Creation.
Congratulations! We successfully completed use of Report Subscription(Windows File Share Delivery) in SSRS.