Gauge Data Region in SSRS
In this article I will show you how to use Gauge Data Region in SSRS.
There are two types of gauges: radial and linear. The following illustration shows the basic elements of a single radial gauge in the gauge panel.
First of all create table named as TopFootballPlayers in Database and insert some data as in following script. You will find the script on below link :
1. Now open Visual Studio 2010 and open your SSRS project. Then add report named as DemoGaugeReport in your project.
Now create a Dataset. In the dataset, we will use following query.
SELECT * FROM TOPFOOTBALLPLAYERS WHERE NO = @RANK
2. Right click on report area and go to Insert–>Gauge.
3. A Select Gauge Type window opens. In that select Radial from left Pane & Select Radial from it. Then click on OK button.
4. Now your report design look like below screenshot.
5. Then click on Pointer & select InternationalGoals as shown in below screenshot.
6. Then right click on Scale & select Scale Properties as shown in below screenshot.
7. A Radial Scale Properties window opens. In that modify values of Minimum, Maximum & Interval as shown in below screenshot. Then click on OK button.
8. Then right click on Range & select Range Properties.
9. A Radial Scale Range Properties window opens. In that modify values of Start Range & End Range as shown in below screenshot. Then click on OK button.
10. Now drag & drop one text-box from toolbox and add it above gauge chart. In text-box add text Goals of and data field PlayerName as shown in below screen.
You can also modify appearance of scale, pointer, range, pointer cap etc.
11. So we have done with the Gauge Report. To see the results click on preview tab.
Congratulations! We successfully completed Gauge Report in SSRS.