Data Bar in SSRS Report
In this article, I will show you how to use Data Bar in SSRS Report.
1. First of all create table named as TopFootballPlayers in Database and insert some data as in following script. You will find the script on below link :
2. Now open Visual Studio 2010 and open your SSRS project. Then add report named as DemoDatabar in your project. Now create a Dataset. In the dataset, we will use following query :
SELECT * FROM TOPFOOTBALLPLAYERS ORDER BY PLAYERNAME
3. Now right click on report area and go to Insert–>Table. Then select data fields as a column in table. After that your Report Design will look like below.
4. Then right click on 3rd column and insert columns on right side.
5. Now right click on 4th column and select Insert –> Data Bar.
Alternatively you can also drag & drop Data Bar from Toolbox also.
6. A Select Data Bar Type window opens. In that select Data Bar from Left Pane and then Select Bar as Shown in below screen. Then click on OK button.
7. Now your report design looks like below :
8. Now click on Data Bar & select International Goals as shown in below screen :
9. So we have done with Data Bar in SSRS Report. To see the preview click on Preview Tab. You will see results like below :
10. If you want to see Data Bar in Reverse Direction, It is very easy.Right click on Data Bar & Select Horizontal Axis Properties.
11. In that Window Check checkbox of Reverse direction. Then click on OK button.
12. To see the results click on preview tab, You will see results like below :
13. If you want to show data labels , right click on Data Bar & select Show Data Labels.
14. Click on preview tab to see the results.
Congratulations! We successfully completed Data Bar in SSRS Report.