Why ReportViewer Control not working on IIS 7?
- Unable to render ReportViewer in ASP.NET Web Pages while running on IIS7.
- You are able to view your reports on Report Manager as well as while you are debugging locally but not able to view them on IIS7.
- When you add ReportViewer control is into web page(.aspx), the
Reserved.ReportViewerWebControl.axd httpHandler is added to System.Web section of the Web.Config file. In IIS7, It should be added under System.WebServer section.
1. Open Internet Information Services (IIS) Manger and select Default Web Site.
2. Under IIS Section, Double click on Handler Mappings.
3. From Action Pane (Right Side of Handler Mappings Section), click on Add Managed Handler.
4. Add Managed Handler dialog opens. In that, enter following values.
Request Path : Reserved.ReportViewerWebControl.axd
Type :Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.HttpHandler, Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=184.108.40.206, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
Name : Reserved-ReportViewerWebControl-axd
Then click on OK button.
Reserved-ReportViewerWebControl-axd handler is now added to your Handler Mappings list. Also notice that the following line has also been added to your application’s Web.config file under the system.webserver’s handler section:
<add name=”Reserved-ReportViewerWebControl-axd” path=”Reserved.ReportViewerWebControl.axd” verb=”*” type=”Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.HttpHandler, Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=220.127.116.11, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a” resourceType=”Unspecified” preCondition=”integratedMode” />
Now try to run your report again.